* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
1/5February 09, 2007
Reviewer: Karen in Indiana
* This is not at all tasty. It was like eating nasty scrambled eggs. Did not even come close to tasting like bread. I would not recommend this product. My husband agreed with my review....and he is not a picky eater.
* We must stop expecting low carb "bread" to taste like real bread. Think of it as a bread substitute. As such these are quick and easy to make. They actually taste quite good with hamburgers. I also make thin ones to use as a cracker substitute. They are eggy, but toast well and are better than other bread substitutes I have tried.
Remember- truly low carb bread is an oxymoron.
* I recently tried this mix and loved it. I have already ordered more packages. The buns are easy to make, they hold together well and, best of all, they taste fantastic. It's the best bun mix I've tried so far. I have tried several of Carb Counters bread mixes and they are all good, producing wonderful loaves of bread. I am not as impressed with their sweet items, but that's another story, These buns are excellent. Try them for a really good sandwich bun.
* When you are focusing on cutting back carbs, one of the hardest foods to omit from your diet is bread. After months of having to pass on any type of bread, it was nice to have an option and not wreck the diet. We made these as hamburger buns, and toasted them on the grill just before eating. They are not as good as the "real" thing, but a tasty alternative.
* These buns had a bitter taste and were not edible. The texture was also rather rubbery. We ended up throwing the whole batch away and also threw away the 2nd bag, didn't even bother baking them. I would not recommend this product.