* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3/5June 16, 2017
Reviewer: A guest
* If you can not have real chocolate, this is an ok. It is what it is, I am good with that.
This review is specific to Syrup, Chocolate, 12 fl oz.
* I ordered the Pancake syrup, caramel and chocolate. I love the pancake and caramel (which tastes more like butterscotch), however- I'm disappointed by the chocolate. It's not terribly chocolatey and has a weird salty taste to it. it's not horrible, but the salt kind of kills it.
* This Strawberry "Syrup" has gotten thinner over the last
couple years to the point where now it's just a liquid not much thicker than water. SHAME ON W.F.
I've been buying this from Netrition for years, but
as soon as Walden started thinning down this product we all
noticed, especially our kids.
Obviously, our family likes the flavor of this stuff, our grand parents enjoy it on oatmeal. But,
Walden should review their decision on this product, and Thicken it back to the 5 Star Strawberry "Syrup" it was.
* I am not using this product straight from the bottle as chocolate syrup. It definitely tasted a little strange. However, I have added it to low carb recipes (chocolate flax muffins, for example), and it boosts the flavor of the cocoa and adds moisture. I will buy this again, but customers should know what to expect. You will not mistake it for Hershey's.
* Smells fantastic......tastes like really diluted pancake syrup. There is better out there. Check out the Da Vinci for a more convincing flavor. Tho, this is not bad in a pinch, or if you are looking for a cheaper product. I'd give this a resounding MEH.
* These syrups are decent when you can't find anything else, but I wish they were just a little thicker. They are way too thin to use on pancakes, but good on ice cream. If they were thicker I'd use them on shortcakes and in pies.