* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5January 11, 2013
Reviewer: Melba in Texas
* This is a great product. It tastes good on shrimp and fried fish and keeps the carbs at a minimum. It does not have any almond meal or other nut flours in it, so it doesn't cause allergy problems. It is not as crunchy as a corn meal coating, but tastes every bit as good as any flour coating. I would recommend it on chicken, fried steak, any fried meat. Of course, the frying adds more calories than broiling, but if the family is frying fish, I can eat some too without feeling left out by using this product instead of corn meal. I highly recommend it.
* We LOVE the breading mix. It sticks to whatever I fry or bake and leaves a crunchy coating. My husband is diabetic and I cook low-carb for him. This mix has helped get his blood sugar under control. It is SO awesome and tastes so good. Thank you, thank you!
* This is a nice replacement to carbquik for breading if you don't want the carbquik taste. I add a little extra seasoning that I would have normally mixed with flour in my pre low carb days. The bag is rather small but I find you don't really need that much. I used way too much the first time which ended up being wasted.
* I was a little surprised at how small the package was, but it surprisingly covered all the food I wanted to deep fry. I think I'm used to throwing away quite a bit rather than conserving. The food tasted great. I added some salt and pepper to the breading for my personal taste and used the product just like flour.