* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5/5May 10, 2016
Reviewer: Rebecca in Wisconsin
* This is a very versatile flour and I don't even mind the bright golden color. I use in place of coconut and almond flour in some recipes. Very low carb.
* This flour is used by Butoni.wordpress.com for her very low carb bread, which by the way is unusually delicious and moist for a low carb bread. I've made it many times along with her Lupino cookies and its just wonderful.This is the perfect solution to anyone who is diabetic.
* I have been using this flour for several months now and love it! Most of the time I make low carb biscuits and crackers and tortilla chips, using only lupin flour for the flour. I also make hot dog and hamburger buns with lupin flour as a main ingredient. The crackers and chips are very crisp and light, and the biscuits and buns are light and fine-textured. I have tried many low carb, gluten free flours in my 14 years of low carbing, and this has been one of the best ingredients I have found so far.
* This is a GREAT flour if you are trying to watch your glycemic load or carb intake. I will say that it has a taste of beans, kind of like a raw bean flavor. Hard to describe. But the flavor lends itself well to the sweet recipes in which I've used it.
Highly recommend stocking up, since this is VERY hard to find elsewhere. Of course, now I feel like kicking myself bcz if you all buy it up...then it'll be out of stock for me!! But I do like to share my goodies and finds so please try it. And enjoy!!