Barbacoa, chile-marinated, pit-roasted meat is beloved throughout Mexico for its rich, tender goodness. At home, this blend transforms beef chuck roast or brisket into beautiful barbacoa. No pit needed.
Ingredients: Water, roasted tomato, apple cider vinegar, chipotle chiles in adobo (chipotle chiles, tomatoes, salt, paprika, vinegar and spices), ancho chile, dark brown sugar, guajillo chile, salt, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, cinnamon.
Recommended Use: SLOW COOKED BEEF BARBACOA:You will need 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, cut into large chunks, 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced, 1 pouch FronteraŽ Barbacoa Slow Cook Sauce. 1. Heat: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 2. Slow Cook: Heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat in 4 quart dutch oven. Add beef; cook until browned on all sides. Stir in onion, sauce and 1˝ cups water. Cover tightly; put into oven. Bake until fork tender, usually 2 to 2˝ hours. 3. SERVE:Skim fat from pan juices. Use a fork to pull meat into large shreds. Mix meat with pan juices. Season to taste with salt. Serve in warm tortillas with chopped cilantro. Serves 6.
If you notice any errors in the information above, please
let us know.
If you have further questions about this product, please contact Frontera at 800-509-4441
The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current stock.
1. Season brisket generously with salt. Refrigerate for several hours if time allows.
2. Preheat oven to 300°. Heat oil in the bottom of a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. Add brisket; cook, over medium-high heat, turning once, until nicely browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
3. Stir Barbacoa Sauce, 2 cups into water and sliced onion into pan. Heat liquid to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Nestle the brisket into the pan. Top the brisket with the bacon slices. Cover the pan tightly (use foil under the lid to ensure a tight seal). Cook in oven until fork tender, about 3 hours. (Recipe can be prepared to this point 2 days in advance; refrigerate covered and reheat gently before serving).
4. Remove brisket and bacon to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil. Boil pan juices with onions over medium-high until reduced to a thin sauce.
5. Slice brisket and bacon thinly across the grain. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with salt. Spoon the pan juices over all. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas.
Shop quickly using your personal
View prior purchases to re-order the same products!
$5.99 shipping charge for the entire order within the contiguous 48 United States.