The use of natural essential oils for aromatherapy is an ancient and time-honored tradition that's been enhancing moods and lifting spirits for thousands of years. Essential oils are liquid plant essences that are genuine reflections of the botanicals from which they're born.
NOW Essential Oils are the naturally occurring volatile oils obtained by steam distillation or cold pressing (expression), having the characteristic aroma of the plant part from which it was derived. These 100% pure oils are "neat", meaning they have not been processed, diluted or manipulated in any way with solvents or other additives. Although a particular species of plant harvested and distilled for its essential oil during a particular growing season in a specific region may produce a fragrance that differs from the same species grown in a different region, many of the main chemical markers and physical specifications may be very similar. NOW's citrus fruit essential oils are 100% cold pressed. NOW's other essential oils are typically 100% steam distilled.
Essential oils are fun to use at home because of their many uses. What are some interesting uses of essential oils?
- Pour a few drops in a diffuser (with water) and light a candle under the diffuser to scent the room.
- Mix essential oils with water in a spray pump bottle and spray the room.
- Pour a few drops on cotton ball and add to your vacuum cleaner bag to scent the room while you vacuum.
- Add to potpourri to refresh the scent.
- Add to bath water for a relaxing bath.
- Dab a few drops on a cotton ball and put cotton inside tiny ceramic jar and suspend from your car's rear view mirror to scent the car.
- Add to a carrier oils (such as Jojoba oil) and lotions to produce face/body lotions for cosmetic or massage therapy. For example, certain oils help reduce appearance of wrinkles and scars.*
- Add to carrier oils (such as Jojoba oil) and/or lotions for medicinal and massage purposes. For example, certain oils may help relieve pain or nausea.*
- Lemon oil smells great in home cleaning.
You might also like these products